2023 APP Tour Survey Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER: https://theapp.typeform.com/to/YSuX9vh0
Online Entry There is one (1) way to enter the sweepstakes:
Online. Complete the online survey and enter your name, telephone number, and email at https://theapp.typeform.com/to/YSuX9vh0. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM (ET) on the end date of the Entry Period (defined below) to be eligible for the drawing. No mechanically reproduced entries or illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, delayed, misaddressed, or misdirected entries; (ii) technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network or internet connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes; (iii) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or used in the sweepstakes; (iv) errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network or otherwise arising out of or relating to the sweepstakes; (v) theft, loss, or destruction of, or damage to, an On-site Entry or Online Entry, in whole or in part; (vi) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in an entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages, or electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of entrant’s social media account not being publicly accessible,and (vii) any other factors beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor. Each entrant assumes all risk of a damaged, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, incorrect, or misdirected Online Entry. Each entry must be submitted separately. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period (defined below) regardless of method of entry. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Entry Periods: The APP Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on January 3rd, 2024, at 12:00 AM (ET) and ends on February 12th, 2024, at 11:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period includes one (1) entry period (the “Entry Period”). There will be five (5) Grand Prize winners (the “Winner”) selected for the Entry Period as outlined below. The Entry Period and drawing date are:
Entry Period: 1
Start Date: 1/3/24
End Date: 1/31/24
Drawing Date: 2/9/24
- PRIZES AND ODDS: Five (5) Grand Prizes: Each Grand Prize is a One Hundred US Dollar ($100) pickleballsuperstore.com gift card. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) prize per family or household. Sponsor retains the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value when necessary. Any difference between the stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
- ELIGIBILITY: The sweepstakes is only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the beginning of the sweepstakes, except for employees and their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and members of the same household of the Sponsor, and each of their respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, advertising and promotion agencies, and agents. Subject to all federal, state, local laws and regulations. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law. Proof of eligibility may be required. Limit one (1) entry per person per Entry Period regardless of method of entry; anyone who submits multiple entries in the same day is subject to disqualification.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: There will be one (1) random drawing held in this Sweepstakes. The drawing will take place on February 9th, 2024. For the drawing, the Sponsor will randomly select five (5) Winners from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of winning the Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The Winner is considered a “potential” Winner pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The Winner will be notified by email and/or phone. Non-winning eligible entries from an Entry Period do not carry over and will not be eligible for subsequent drawings.
The prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be transferred or substituted. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
- VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where permitted, a Publicity Release. Prizes may be awarded to alternate winners selected randomly from other eligible entries if: (i) Affidavit/Release is not returned within two (2) days of notice to winners; (ii) winners fail to meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 3; (iii) the prize notification letters or prizes are returned as undeliverable; (iv) two (2) attempts to contact winners by phone email, and/or social media account are unsuccessful; or (v) winners decline the prizes.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
(a) Informal Dispute Resolution. Prior to filing any arbitration proceeding pursuant to paragraph 6(b) hereof, the party intending to file such a proceeding shall notify the other party in writing of the existence and the nature of the dispute. The parties each agree that within ten (10) business days of the other party's receipt of such notice, a representative of each party shall meet in-person for a minimum of one (1) eight (8) hour day, or such shorter period of time if the dispute is more quickly resolved, in Chicago, Illinois, in order to attempt to amicably resolve the dispute. If such informal dispute resolution attempts prove to be unsuccessful, the notifying party may initiate the dispute resolution procedures available as set forth herein. Each party shall bear its own costs associated with the meeting and in no event shall either party be liable to the other for any costs or expenses incurred as a result of such meeting.
(b) Arbitration. Except as provided in paragraph 6(c) with respect to injunctive proceedings, and paragraph 6(a) with respect to informal dispute resolution, all controversies, disputes, or claims arising between the parties arising out of or related to the sweepstakes shall be submitted promptly for arbitration to be conducted in Chicago, Illinois, and administered by the American Arbitration Association. Such arbitration proceedings shall be resolved by a single arbitrator selected by mutual agreement of the parties. If the parties are unable to agree on the appointment of the arbitrator to resolve the dispute within thirty (30) days from the date when the request for arbitration initially has been communicated to the other party, such appointment shall be made by the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator shall have the right to award or include in the award any relief deemed proper under the circumstances, including attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by the prevailing party. The award and decision of the arbitrators shall be conclusive and binding upon all parties hereto and judgment upon the award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The parties waive any right to contest the validity or enforceability of such award.
(c) Injunctive Relief. The parties acknowledge that violation of these Official Rules would cause irreparable harm that would not be adequately compensable by monetary damages. In addition to other relief, it is agreed that preliminary and permanent injunctive relief will be available to prevent any actual or threatened violation of such provisions.
- GENERAL: This sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The sweepstakes shall in all respects be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, including all matters of construction, validity, and performance, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS form 1099 or the equivalent. By participating in this sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges, and warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in the sweepstakes. Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor, and each of their respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, advertising and promotion agencies, and agents if he or she tampers with the entry process or his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the sweepstakes should any virus, bug, tampering, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention, or other cause beyond Sponsor' control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the sweepstakes. The Sponsor are not liable to a winner or to any other person for failure to supply the prizes described herein (or any part thereof) by reason of such prizes (or any portion thereof) becoming unavailable or impracticable to award for reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, or for any force majeure event, technical or equipment failure, terrorist acts, labor dispute, or act/omission of any kind (whether legal or illegal), transportation interruption, civil disturbance, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor. Each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, and each of their respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, advertising and promotion agencies, and agents (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damages or causes of action arising from or in connection with such entrant’s participation in or winners’ receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the sweepstakes. Entrants agree to the use of their name, likeness, biographical data, and/or voice in any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by the Indemnified Parties, in any medium now known or hereinafter developed, without additional authorization, compensation, or remuneration to the extent permitted by law in perpetuity. Sponsor are responsible only for delivery of prizes, and not for use, utility, quality, or otherwise.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- PRIZE RECIPIENT LIST: To obtain the list of prize recipients, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: APP Tour Sweepstakes, 303 E Wacker Suite 2200, Chicago, IL 60601. Requests must be received by January 31st, 2023. The list will be sent after selection of winners.
- SPONSOR: Association of Pickleball Professionals, LLC, 303 E Wacker Suite 2200, Chicago, IL 60601 (the “Sponsor”).